This role is responsible for sourcing, developing and maintaining long-term relationships between the Bank and affluent clients. These relationships will be developed by providing sound financial advice regarding a client’s personal finances as well as for their business finances. Relationship Managers will be expected to research, evaluate and recommend various financial instruments, such as Trust, Investment or other Banking products and services, for use by clients to help them achieve their financial goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Generate new business relationships for the Bank by using existing centers of influence, or by establishing new centers of influence
- Recommend and sell various Banking, Trust or Investment products and services to existing and new clients. Correctly determine product/service fit and acceptability for clients
- Develop detailed financial plans for the clients and their businesses as necessary
- Identify and refer insurance sales opportunities as appropriate
- Will assist clients in recognizing and understanding the tax impact of certain situations and decisions
- Analyze credit needs of clients and propose both consumer loan and business loan solutions
- Analyze the credit-worthiness of both consumer and commercial borrowers and make sound recommendations for extending credit
- Monitor client portfolio for risk and address developing situations quickly and appropriately to protect both the client and the Bank
- Manage risk and delinquencies to the established levels of acceptability for the Bank
- Work closely with clients to analyze long term and short term financial goals of each client
- Assisting clients with the development of sound financial plans for personal and commercial goals
- Partner with different lines of business representatives throughout the company to cross-sell products and services need by our clients
- Maintain portfolio delinquency at levels acceptable to management
- Supervise administrative staff supporting Private Client
- Serve on internal committees as required
- Interact with operational and technical areas to resolve problems
- Adhere to all appropriate service standards
- Draft sales proposals, commitment letters, and make sales presentations to clients and prospects
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting (CFP or CTP designation preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing the relationships of affluent clients
- Proven knowledge of basic economic principles for foundation of providing sound wealth management advise
- Strong knowledge of Trust, Banking and Investment products and services
- Proven ability to evaluate credit worthiness of both individuals and commercial entities
- Series 6 and Series 7 designation preferred but not required
Farmers National Banc Corp. is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
- This role involves diverse duties in which incumbents conduct analyses and interpret information to solve problems and determine courses of action where little to no past precedent has been established.
- This role also consists of broad responsibilities that involve addressing complex situations and conditions. Incumbents must be able to apply principles of logical or technical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and/or validate conclusions.
- This role requires critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- The incumbent must be able to determine the fit of the client within the Private Client environment, including product fit, fee structure, etc.
- Must also be able to make correct credit decisions on both consumer and commercial loans.